Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March Madness

The boys and I have been very busy this month.  I have been taking a class 2 days a week at the Women's club called HINTS. The class offers helpful tips on living in Belgium.  Jaxon has been going to the daycare there which here is called a Creche and Aidan joined him for a week while he was on spring break.  This has been a great way to meet people. The class wraps up on Thursday this week, it will be different not having anywhere to be each week.

In addition to this we had our first dinner guests over this past weekend the 19th and 20th. Saturday the 20th we started the day with a birthday party for our new friend Grayer who turned 3. After the party we headed home for nap and then had Greg's coworker and his wife over for dinner. They are moving here in May from Texas. It was a wonderful evening and great to have company.

Sunday morning we went to the market in a town near Brussels. Had waffles and fruit there and bought fresh carrots and potatoes for dinner. That evening we had Mary and Christine over for Jaxon's birthday party.  Mary and Christine are like family to us we are so grateful to Margaret to have introduced us.  We again had a great evening. Jaxon was not able to blow out his candle but we will have another attempt on the 30th when my mom, aunt, sister and cousin come for a visit.

This month has flown by. We are still trying to plan a trip for June but many of the places we look at our booked up already. We have learned Europeans book way way in advance.  We will keep you all posted on our plans.


                                                       Greg said I should stick to my day job.

Jax is enjoying his cake!

                                                 He loves his new Bob teddy bear.

Jax also enjoyed some of the adult dessert.  Did someone say chocolate?

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found out we are moving in July. We have tons of things for sale including a car and a beautiful house with a super landlord to get rented. Would your friends moving here in May be interested? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, congrats are you going back to the states? Our friends are going to live in Ixelles, no kids they want to experience downtown life. And the company provides a car. But please let me know what else you might be selling. We are looking for patio furniture, crockpot, light fixtures, cordless drill from here. These are just a quick few I can think of now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I don't know how to get to you on your page. What kind of car are you selling and how much? I have a friend who is here now looking for a car. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy? I know neither one of us should put our contact info on here so...are you on FB? We could contact eachother that way and then maybe even meet in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and the car is cheap! I bought it used last year. It is a perfect 2nd car. I only drove it when my husband HAD to use his company car and I needed wheels. In fact, I just drove it yesterday for the first time in 2 months! It started right up. I drove all the way to Charleroi and enjoyed the two (yes 2) sun roofs.

    ReplyDelete