Monday, August 22, 2011

Erperheide Center Parcs long weekend Aug 12-15th

Monday, August 15th was another Belgian holiday; I am sad to say I don't even know which one. Despite this we took advantage of a long weekend and took an hour drive to Northern Belgium and stayed at an indoor waterpark and indoor play center.  Now this was a no frills accomodations, a damp cement building, you pay extra for bedding and towels, so we brought towels and paid for the bedding. You get one roll of toilet paper and then it is your supply. These kind of trips you need to pack like you are moving to a new house. Toilet paper, soap, shampoo, hair dryer, napkins, the list continues.
The day we were to leave I called the Center Parcs to see if we could get a "cottage" closer to the waterpark. I spoke with Wesley for about 30 minutes. Mostly talking about how he would love to go to the states, where I was from and how he felt so bad for all of us on 9/11, he even told me he remembered where he was and how all the channels here even the ones that did not broadcast news had it on. He was very nice and after our conversation he advised me not to pay the extra 150 euro for a closer cottage and that ours was a 5 minute walk to the waterpark. Ok, we will stay where we are. Mistake, it is a 5 minute walk if you know where you are going and cut through the woods.  On our first adventure to the park we went through the woods and did fine. Then Jax and I went back for nap time. I wasn't sure which path through the woods so we took the roads that had directions to each zone, I think there were 8 zone's and we were in #6.  And as always this is Belgium and it was raining so after about 15 minutes we found our cottage. After that we figured out the short way but not fun pushing a stroller, holding an umbrella and not having proper attire.  My goal once the kids are in school is to get me some rain boots and rain jacket.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. Enjoy!

Aidan's self portrait at the petting zoo in the park complex.

Jaxon loved the goats, he really just loves all animals. Maybe he will be a veternarian someday. He is looking at this girl thinking, find your own goat, this one is mine.

God only knows why Greg can't keep his eyes open for pictures. Jaxon is lauging not crying. There were 4 small cascading pools that were like this, the water was warmer and quiet.


It is hard to get them both to look at the same time and smile.

The way the set up was I could not view this video before posting, let's hope it is interesting.





Dinner at the pancake house, was the best meal we had there.
This was a quick lazy river minus the tubes.

As you can see the indoor ball park was a favorite of Dad's and kids. I think Greg had more fun than Aidan in there. It had automatic guns that shot the foam balls where ever you aimed them.  There was also places to load the balls to fill up a huge bucket when the bucket got full it dumped out on people below.
We ended the weekend with a round of bowling. I am sure Greg will tell you he lost because the lane was warped and it was but we know where I get my bowling talent (mom).  Even the boys did better but they got to use a ramp.
All in all a fun time and only an hour drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment