Thursday, July 14, 2011

Random Thoughts and kid ?'s

Today is July 14th and for the past 2 weeks Jaxon has been asking to go home.  Keep in mind he is telling me this while we are at our house.  I tell him we are home but he insist NO HOME.  Meaning MN.  If I could I would bring us all back for a visit. Instead I tell him we will go home at Christmas, thankfully he has no concept of time and hopefully when he starts school this fall that will help distract him.  Plus Grandma Shari and Papa Steve are coming 1 week from today, that should help.

As you know we recently went to Spain in June.  The morning we went to the airport Jax asked where Grandma was.  He had been with when we picked her up in March and in May.  He even asked again when we were at the airport in Spain.

FIRST PARTY WITH FRIENDS JULY 10TH:  We had our first big party with all of our new American friends living in Belgium.  We had about 20 adults and 12 or so kids.  We started getting ready for the party and realizing how many things we left home, like the ice bucket, card table and chairs and other things that are helpful when having a party.  I don't know if I did not think we would have friends or have friends over. It was crazy trying to figure what to bring.  The party went well despite not having a few missed items. We were even blessed with nice weather, by nice I mean it did not rain!





PARKING THE CAR:  It never seems to fail.  Parking spots here are not properly sized unless you drive a smart car.  The grocery stores have some spots for people with kids, but many times people without kids park there.  Anyway, twice now I have parked on an end spot, I park over the line on the end to allow more room on the other side so I can get whoever out.  The first time someone parked very close to me where there was not a spot, despite the fact that there were about 10 spots nearby to park in.  The second time the car that parked in a spot next to me parked on the line and crooked, making it very difficult to get Aidan in.  I am suprised by how many people have nice cars, because everyone's doors are scratched and dented. A fact of life here I guess. I can't wait to get home to the oversized or appropriately sized parking spaces, granted there are people back home who can't park but not like here.

No comments:

Post a Comment